If you are here then you are using LINE for audio, video, and text chatting on the go. While messenger services like LINE have made communication a lot easier and convenient; the real issue comes up when your Android or iOS mobile device is full with old messages.
While you do have the option to delete the same; the better alternative is to create a backup of your old messages and have them stored somewhere else. In this post, we are going to share with you the best methods to back up your LINE chat on iOS and Android. Do you want to delete files and images permanently from your android device? Then check this out, the 4 best ways to delete the files permanently from your android device.
Methods to Create Backup of LINE Chat on Android & iOS
Method 1 : Backup LINE Chat on Android Directly Via the App
- Please launch the LINE application on your Android mobile device.
- Tap on the More icon and navigate to Settings > General Settings > Chats.
- An option of Backup and Restore Chat History will be present. Tap on the same.
- Thereafter, tap on the option Backup to Google Drive.
- A dialog box will come up showing you the backup progress.
Do you wanna try something different from facetime? here are the best Facetime alternative apps for Android.
- All you need to make sure of is that you have a Google Drive Account.
- That’s it! All your LINE Chat is successfully backed up to Google Drive.
Method 2: Backup LINE Chat with iCloud Directly Via the App on iOS
If you are using an iOS device, you must have an iCloud account created upon creating and setting up your Apple ID. You can back up your LINE Chat to the same via the application itself. Check out the Top AirDrop Alternatives for Window
- Please launch the LINE application on your iOS device.
- Tap on More and navigate to Settings > Chats.
- Tap on Chat History Backup.
- Hit Backup Now and all your LINE chat will be backed up to your iCloud account.
Method 3: Create Local Backup of LINE Chat Using MobileTrans
MobileTrans is a third-party backup supervisor application. You can download the same from Wondershare website for free. Moreover, if you are not comfortable keeping your messages on the servers of Google and Apple as they are not encrypted, using MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer app you can create a local backup for the same on your PC. The application is available for both Windows PC and MAC Computer. Please note that the free version has limited features. If you wish to acquire all the features, then you have to go for the paid version. Do you wanna create emojis on your Mac? Try this amazing guide on how to create and use Memoji in MacO
- Launch the application on your Windows PC/MAC Computer.
- Connect your mobile device to your PC/Laptop.
- Please tap on Transfer button located under WhatsApp Transfer.
- Now, on the next page that comes up, please select LINE and tap on the Backup button.
- Thereafter, simply tap on START to initiate the backing up process.
- A screen will come up that will display the progress to you.
- Once the same is complete, you will have an offline backup of your LINE chat created.
The coolest part of creating this offline backup is that using MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer application, you can restore the same to any device. Hence, your chats always remain safe in your local storage and you can restore the backup to a new mobile device whenever you want.
Method 4: Use Backup Text for LINE Third-Party Application
Backup Text for LINE is a third-party application that adds further convenience to the feature of exporting chats using the inbuilt text backup feature of LINE app. Check Out: How to Free-Up WhatsApp Storage Space in iOS & Android
- Backup Text for LINE is available for Android devices on Google Play Store. Please download and install the same on your Android mobile device.
- Launch LINE app and go to a particular chat. From the arrowhead present at the top-right corner of the display please navigate to Settings > Export Chat History.
- Complete the action using Backup Text for LINE application.
- Post creation of the backup, you can choose the File Type, Export to SD Card or send via Email, and even choose whether you want to keep only incoming messages, outgoing messages, or both.
Check this before you leave: How to Add Custom Ringtone to iPhone with Easiest Method.
Final Words – Best Ways to Backup Your LINE Chat from Android & iOS
These are the 4 methods for creating a backup of your LINE chat from an Android or iOS mobile device. You can follow any one of the methods listed above as per your convenience. If you have a method that you are using other than the ones listed above, please let our readers know about the same by putting it down in the comments section provided below. Reach out to us with your queries and concerns.